Glowing Adventures glow worm cave eco-tours — for a “real” caving experience
Want to know more about what to expect on a Glowing Adventure tour? Take a look at the two minute video or read a short summary.
Glowing Adventures is the top-rated cave tour in Waitomo — rated 5 stars on TripAdvisor and Facebook. There are a few samples below of what some of our lovely customers say about us, but please do
take a look at our reviews on Facebook, TripAdvisor, or just by Googling “Glowing Adventures”.
“This adventure was absolutely amazing😍 Best thing to do in New Zealand.” 182larag
“Love glowing adventures. Nice small group. Super friendly guide that ensures everyone’s safety. Highly recommend!” c_sengmany
“Great tour. Great guide. Great experience” Gidi E
“This is a MUST on your Adventure list” webelieve777
“The Best Way to Experience Glow Worms” Michele R
“The coolest thing you can do!” LinnMacKenzie
“The Highlight of our Holiday!” 537clivep
“Simply not enough stars to rate this” SparkyManx
“The Best Tour I Did In New Zealand” Daniela B
“You must do the glowing adventures glow worm tour!” s_muir90
“Super super cool!! The highlight of our NZ trip!!” MinhandBryan
What happens on a Glowing Adventure glow worm cave tour? Take a look at the two-minute video below to find out!
Don't want to play the video, or can't play it because you're nearly out of data, or the wifi is too slow? No problem! There's a summary
of the most important things you need to know, right below the video.
What to expect on a Glowing Adventure tour
- Glowing Adventures offers three different tour options — the Glowing Adventure Glow Worm Eco-Tour, private tours for your group only, and
private photography tours for those who wish to take their time photographing some of New Zealand's finest scenery.
- Tours take you through beautiful and untouched native New Zealand forest and limestone caves, for which the Waitomo district is famous.
- There are many different caves and many different cave tours in Waitomo. They range from short, easy tours catering to tour buses and large groups of up to 50 people, to much smaller and more adventurous tours. Glowing
Adventure tours are small and intimate (with no more than 8 people per group) and are adventurous, but are not scary.
- The cave tour includes magnificent glow worm displays, including the chance to get up close with these amazing and beautiful creatures. You will see a lot of glow worms!
- We run the most personalised and intimate cave tours in the Waitomo district. There will never be more than 8 people per group.
- Our walking cave eco-tours are through completely untouched and beautiful New Zealand scenery. There are no concrete paths or handrails or electric lights!
- We are off the beaten tourist track, but still within a short drive of Waitomo Caves Village and the small towns of Te Kuiti and Otorohanga. You will need your own transport, as there is
no public transport to get to Glowing Adventures.
- Our tours involve walking up hills, climbing over boulders, and wading through a shallow stream, so a reasonable level of physical fitness is required. Please note this tour is not suitable for anyone with mobility issues.
- We provide all the clothing and equipment you will need, as well as a warm shower and a cuppa after the tour.
- Our tours do not involve abseiling or heights or blackwater rafting.
- Please allow 3 hours for your tour, of which about two tours is spent in the cave system.